23.5.09

Sluik self interview 1.2

Answer: I live, and will, for most of my life in places which are not mine. i mean they are not my grounds. That is a clear choice but it also kind of isolates a person... i guess this is where the idea for the page DISPLACED comes from... Tudor Bratu is sort of easily displaced too, i reckon... hmm...

Question: ...hmm... Let me continue asking myself questions: Bratu joins later?

Answer: Yes, young and busy till the end of this month in Antwerpen and Utrecht. Exhibitions and agendas! Oh, i left that all behind me! I wrote him I would just start and he can jump on the boat later. Whenever he wants and with whatever attitude or intentions.

Q: What do i expect from the collaboration with him?

A: It is another road and a similar road to the ones taken before but just slightly different. Different asphalt, different views and destination (?), new model car and good company. I expect to see some new things with him. Does not have to be big. Discover a new piece of the puzzle. No, not a whole new puzzle and expect is also not the word: hope maybe... i belief i do. Tudor Bratu gives the wheel a swing in a direction i do not anticipate. Get my drift?

Q: I hope he does. Who do i expect to pull the wagon?

A: Balance is boring and i am not much of a type to follow. For the moment i just want the whole lot to move somewhere and then go against it a little.

Q: Where do the other names come from? Who are Carla, Tilbud and Tilbake?

A: There is nothing most men do or like better than talking about women. So that explains Carla. But i want no trouble so I told Tudor she is already dead.

Q:so Tilbud and Tilbake are men?

A: For the moment: forget them!

Q: What did they do wrong?

A: Is nobody listening to me?

Q: I just do not know yet, do i? Other question: so this is supposed to become an important work of art? Contemporary? Visionary figurative? Postmodern empirical? I have a name for it: Emotional constructivism or what about real virtualitivism?

A: Leave immediately my tail alone or i will shoot!

photo: Sluik cowardly did not open the entrance to a cellar in the centre of Chisinau, Monday 27 April 2009, although he was very curious.