22.5.09

Sluik self interview 1.1

Question: How am i?

Answer: Could do better, next question.

Q: So, i am making a blog together with Tudor Bratu! How did it come to that?

A: Well first this endless blogging: i have been since November last year kind of into it. It started with an invitation to participate in some group blog. Not long after i opened one for myself containing short stories. I kind of like the idea of the accessibility. The quickness and irrelevance of audience. I have to say i always have been a bit skeptic towards this medium. Now i just want to help getting it full, haha!

Q: I want to come back to that later. What about the collaboration with Bratu?

A: Do not know if it is relevant but i knew the work before the man. It was in Bucuresti during the first Biennial for Young Artists in 2004. I was kind of an artistic handyman and (card)board member and he participated as an artist. I directly liked his work. It is kind of rűcksichtlos straightforward. Self assured and black and white. So, we met and later he came to Chisinau, twice, were i lived for a while. He bonded me to him, haha! Anyway: about a week ago he wrote me if i would like the idea of making a book together. I just finished dealing with Senis Besmegenis so his timing was perfect.

Q: Senis melted down totally! For ever...

A: Hmm... do not know that yet... anyway... really thought Tudor came with the right invitation in the right time. And now i hope he is the right man! Can i say a little bit more about the blogging now?

Q: No, not now. Not today.


photo: 17 May 2009 Bergen Norway. Sluik and son Thor are listening to the National Anthem from their balcony.